Everlast® Epoxy Flooring for Correctional Facilities
Shank-Free Flooring for Correctional Facilities
Most businesses and industries have their unique set of problems, whether it’s financial, regulatory, or seasonal. Because we are in the flooring business, we hear many horror stories from owners and managers on how their current floor has failed them, and in some cases, caused them significant financial damage because they failed to meet regulatory requirements and receiving heavy fines. When it comes to flooring for correctional facilities… it’s a whole other beast!
Correctional Facilities Face Heavy Regulatory Standards
Jail floors need to meet certain minimum safety and health standards, both for the inmates, staff and visitors.
And after talking to many correctional facility managers, they’ve almost all mentioned the following challenges when it comes to their prison floors;
- They are hard to clean, or in some cases, impossible to clean them up, such as tile floors in kitchen areas
- Slip resistant problems, especially in shower and kitchen areas
- Bacteria and pathogen control, often a problem in overpopulated prison wings
- Difficult to install due to closing down wings, vetting installation crews, and preventing sharp tools and material from being stolen by inmates
- Flooring for jails need to be 100% non-weaponizable. If inmates can turn broken or torn-up pieces of the floor into weapons, like broken tiles, the staff and inmates are going to suffer
- Having the budget to hire a installation crew
Given these challenges, it’s no wonder many of our correctional facility customers are stressing out about which flooring solution will actually work for their prison floors AND not require the floors to be reinstalled or fixed every few years.
You see, an Everlast® Epoxy’s flooring solution exceeds health and safety standards while also being simple to install… and inmates can’t weaponize the material!
However, we understand you have many questions before making your decision. Why not give us a call and talk to one of our friendly floor experts today? Our experts understand flooring for prisons.
Are you searching for a flooring solution for your prison facility? Give us a call at 800-708-9870 and have one of our floor experts recommend what options are available for you and your budget.
Click here for a FREE sample and estimate and learn more about our correctional facility flooring options, installation process and pricing.