Surprise! The Dirtiest Spots in YOUR Work Space
Think you’ve honed in on the dirtiest spot in your business or work space? Think again. Because the common offenders—the bathroom, the kitchen, the stairwell, for starters—aren’t always as bad as you might think. But that means, on the flip side, some “safe” spots probably have a lot more going on under the surface than you think…
#1. Microwave door handles
Bet you didn’t think twice before heating up your lunch, did you? Nearly half of office microwave door handles have ATP counts of 300+. ATP—adenosine triphosphate—is a molecule found in bacteria, yeast and mold. The more ATP, the more bacteria and viruses are likely present.
When you think about it, this one’s probably not a surprise. You’re tap, tap, tapping on your keyword constantly—you could be making tens of thousands of keystrokes in a given day. And because human skin has natural bacteria, you’re automatically going to transfer quite a bit to your keyboard. Pair that with other common bacteria and infections—everything from a cold or illness to not washing hands properly—and keyboards are a hotbed of bacteria. Same goes for computer mice and smartphones.
#3. Printer and Copier
Everyone’s always huddled around printers and copiers, waiting for printouts, sending faxes and scans and copying everything. All that touching, leaning and passing papers around can easily transfer dirt, germs and bacteria from surface to surface, person to person.
#4. The FLOORS
While you might have a no-shoes policy in your home, chances are everyone is wearing shoes in the office—and, chances are, those shoes are crawling with mold, dirt, bacteria, yeast and other harmful leave-behinds. Even if your space is cleaned nightly, it’s probably not enough. And while no one’s sitting on your floor or eating off your floor, the constant pile-on can lead to premature aging, damage and, potentially, hazardous effects from growths and other bacteria.
While we can’t help you with the microwaves, keyboards or copy machines, we can get your floors in check. Everlast® Epoxy flooring is easy to clean, microbial-resistant and seamless, which prevents bacteria, grime and even pests from holing up in your floors.
- Flooring solutions for sports stadiums and concert arenas
- How to choose the right flooring for the dairy industry
- High-performance resin floors for police stations
- Why facility managers should choose easy maintenance epoxy flooring
- Choosing the best data center flooring option
- Benefits of epoxy flooring for the pharmaceutical industry
- Kennel Floor Paint Vs Epoxy Floors for Veterinary Clinics
- Cost savings of installing epoxy flooring
- Is your food processing facility flooring USDA compliant?
- Why to choose epoxy flooring for a spa hotel
- Reduce the risk of costly flood damage with nonporous epoxy flooring
- High-performance resin flooring for the aviation industry
- How fast-cure epoxy flooring can benefit different industries
- Safe epoxy flooring for steps and stairs
- Epoxy flooring for high-traffic pedestrian areas