The Benefits of Inspired Facility Maintenance Management
Creating a cleaner, better environment for everyone
When your company takes the time to get facility management right, it opens up a whole new world for your business. Sanitation and facility maintenance are critical for repeat business these days and managing them is essential.
There are many benefits involved in creating an inspired facility maintenance and management plan for your family-owned company. Larger brands that you are directly competing against already have these systems in place, but the good news is that you can streamline and adjust yours to be better over time. Local management for the larger brands do an awful job following their “systems” because the parent company cannot monitor thousands of managers across as many locations, so things fall through the cracks. The big brand often has an extensive thousand-page operations manual that collects dust at each of their locations. This is a major opportunity for you.
The core benefits that should concern you are:
- Your premises will always be ready for action: All machinery and equipment will be maintained correctly and will break down less and, as a result, will save you money in the long run. Plus, your facility will always be primed for action.
- You will optimize employee performance: When everything is always well maintained and in good condition, your employees will never be hampered by productivity obstacles, so performance in your business will remain high.
- Your employees and customers will enjoy clean surroundings: Impress your employees and customers by maintaining a spotless environment where business can be conducted as usual for their wellbeing, comfort, health, and safety.
- Your building will look and smell clean: Something those global chains do not do is invest in impeccable quality furnishings, decor and fixtures. Beat those guys and grab your own local market share by being known for the “Quality Place”. A healthy, durable and attractive epoxy flooring would be a nice place to start.
- Accelerate business operations: With facility CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) management, you will be able to maintain a high standard of appearance, comfort, and safety. Fix problems at lightning speed, and ensure all machinery is correctly maintained according to your computer system schedule. This prevents issues from arising over time.
- Get repeat business and amazing reviews: Because CMMS systems record all data, what work is done and when, for example, can be progressively improved until they work like clockwork. A consistently clean and well maintained facility translates into repeat customers and amazing reviews on social media.
The longer that you and your team work with sanitation and maintenance, the more secrets you will uncover. Over time, you will integrate these into your daily operations, resulting in a cleaner, better environment for everyone that comes in contact with your business.
— by David Linton, author of “Facility Hygiene Management & Maintenance: The Ultimate Guide to Maintaining a Safe and Sanitary Business” This book gives you valuable insider tips from a leading expert on commercial facility hygiene who has inspected venues in the USA and abroad. With this new book, you can learn how to develop a customer-centric cleaning strategy that will help you win the battle against the big names among your competition. When you put the information in this just released book to work for you, your business will start to really shine.
If you have a small business and are competing with large corporations, it can seem like a hopeless, uphill battle just to keep the doors open, but this book with a new strategy to give your business a real boost. You can use the one area larger businesses consistently neglect to give your premises an impeccable reputation that will earn you rave reviews, an expanding base of satisfied customers and even happier employees.