Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | How to Choose the Right Flooring for Your Healthcare Facility
Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring Episode 8 :
How to Choose the Right Flooring for Your Healthcare Facility
Without a doubt, medical facilities have some of the highest sanitation standards in any industry. And for good reason. You’re dealing with vulnerable, sick people whose lives often depend on being kept away from harmful bacteria. So everything must be clean, including the floor, which takes the most beating when it comes to bacterial growth. In this video, we are going to help you know how to choose the right flooring for your healthcare facility.
In our experience, when analyzing healthcare flooring and talking to custodians, there are three main concerns.
- The surface cannot be slippery, especially in places like a triage or surgery.
- Bacterial growth must not be allowed to happen due to the vulnerable nature of many patients.
- It needs to be quick and easy to clean due to the 24/7 use of certain areas, like emergency rooms.
Traditional Hospital Flooring Systems
Traditional hospital flooring systems, like commercial sheet vinyl, often don’t meet these strict standards. Because of common adhesive failure the seams start splitting allowing an entry for bacterial growth to start spreading.
The same with rubber-based systems. A key problem with flooring for medical clinics are the seams. This is where damage can and will happen. Once a seam is ruptured, it will absorb water and bacteria… and often push it underneath the flooring material… turning into a natural breeding ground for some unsavory bacteria. To put it simple, they don’t meet healthcare flooring requirements.
What about the cleaning aspect? Although some systems are easy to clean, often that changes due to wear and tear.
Once it begins to wear, the antibacterial compound is compromised. This will allow dirt and bodily fluids to seep into the floor… which often means that it needs to be scrubbed off, slowing down the cleaning process and even compromising the hospital flooring standards.
Something you don’t want to happen in an extremely busy triage or emergency room, right?
A Complete Redesign Of Old Flooring Methods Was Needed
Because of these challenges facing healthcare facility floors and to make our flooring system last much longer, a new approach was taken.
Here at Everlast® Epoxy Systems, Inc., we realized that in order to “cure” floors of these issues, we needed to completely remove the problem from the equation.
- Seams being the most vulnerable part of the floor? Create a seamless flooring system.
- Bacteria growing in floors after wear and tear? Make the whole floor system 100% antimicrobial, not just the top layer.
- Difficult and time-consuming to clean because of scrubbing? Seal the flooring system 100% and force any dirt to stay loosely on top of the surface, easy to push into the nearest drain.
When you install Everlast® Floor and place it over top of an existing floor that might have bacterial growth already in it… the Everlast® Floor will seal it in. Zero bacteria will work its way through. Replace the old floor only if damaged or coming loose.
You can also seal the area even more by having the Everlast® Floor and Cove Base system go up the walls. Even by 6 inches, you will prevent most bacteria from making its way into the floor.
The antimicrobial compound kills any new bacteria from growing on the surface and it’s easy to clean the surface since dirt, oils, blood, or anything else doesn’t penetrate the surface layer.
And to fight slippery condition, Everlast® Floor can have aluminum oxide added into the mixture to give it anti-slip properties. No more dangerous conditions due to blood pools on the floor.
Medical And Healthcare Flooring Must Be Designed, Formulated And Installed To Accommodate Highly Demanding, 24/7 Environments—And That’s Where We Come In.
Everlast® Floor meets and exceeds hospital hygiene requirements with an EPA registered antimicrobial additive that restricts the growth of microorganisms. Our floors also have leading-edge chemical resistance against strong detergents, chemicals and disinfectants, making them an optimal choice for hospital flooring options.
However, we understand you have many questions before making a decision. Why not give us a call and talk to one of our friendly floor experts today?
“Are you searching for a flooring solution for your healthcare facility? Give us a call and have one of our floor experts recommend what options are available for you and your budget.
Visit Everlast® Epoxy Floors For Medical Clinics & Hospitals for more information…
… or call 800-708-9870 now.”
- Durable, sanitary epoxy flooring for hotels
- Why consider the ‘fifth wall’ for commercial flooring solutions
- Epoxy flooring solutions for sports centers and swimming pools
- What are the best flooring options for a rental property
- The benefits of epoxy flooring for the marine industry
- 5 Reasons To Replace Tiles With An Epoxy Floor
- Sanitary, slip-resistant epoxy flooring for swimming pools
- Why The Color Of Your Epoxy Floor Is Important
- Hygienic, durable epoxy flooring for veterinary practices
- Durable, long-lasting epoxy flooring for public restrooms
- Durable Epoxy Flooring for Daycare Centers & Kindergarten
- Why facility managers choose epoxy flooring for correctional facilities
- Why Epoxy Flooring is Ideal for High-Traffic Areas
- How epoxy flooring can minimize the spread of bacteria in hospitals
- Why the Automotive Industry Loves Epoxy Flooring