The Hidden Costs of Traditional Flooring
Businesses and commercial spaces need floors it’s that simple. But, with all the options on the market, it can be tricky to choose the right floor for your unique needs. Our advice? Do some serious digging before opting for your next flooring material. The wrong decision could lead to significant costs—costs you likely aren’t budgeting for…
Especially in commercial spaces, floors take a beating. Whether it’s a high-traffic lobby, outdoor space or commercial kitchen, anything—and everything—can and will happen. Layer in the ongoing foot traffic and cleanup becomes a critical part of your day-to-day.
Not only does that come with a cost in terms of time, resources and the actual cleaning products and equipment but, throughout the year, you’re going to have to commit to a deep and often professional cleaning—and that can come with a hefty price tag that businesses don’t budget for.
Slips and Falls
No doubt, your business has insurance to cover any accidents that happen on site. But slips and falls—which costs businesses more than $11 billion each year—can drive expenses through the roof. Not only can a simple slip and fall open your company up to massive—and costly—liabilities, but it can also sideline employees, driving up premiums while bringing down productivity. And, often, these slips are exacerbated by improper flooring.
And then there’s the pests—the bugs and, even, mold and fungus that creeps in through the floor. Dealing with these issues is a must—and, often, an expensive must that involves professional intervention and treatment or, even, pulling up and replacing the flooring well before its time. Either way, these costs can add up fast.
Many common types of commercial floor is prone to bubbling, breaking and poor bonding which can cause the material to breakdown, pull back or, simply, look bad. The end result? Companies spend big bucks repairing or replacing floors within years or, even, months of installation—something they likely didn’t budget for. It’s not ideal but, unfortunately, it’s very common. By cutting corners in terms of material and installation, businesses often wind up with an unexpected bill in the not-too-distant future.
The alternative to rolling the dice? Investing in Everlast® Epoxy flooring. Non-porous and waterproof, Everlast floors are safe in any condition, helping curb slips and falls—one of the biggest hidden cost considerations. Because floors are poured, troweled and resin-rich, there’s no worry about bonding or bubbling—and no additional costs that come from the repairs and replacements that come with.
Another perk? Everlast floors are seamless and have no cracks or crevasses for dirt and bacteria to hide. That makes surfaces easier to clean with just fresh water and a squeegee, while eliminating the need for frequent professional solutions. And these airtight surfaces paired with an EPA registered antimicrobial additive, means Everlast floors can readily keep unwanted growths away, ensuring you won’t need to tap costly pros to combat fungus, mold or bacteria—and won’t rack up huge, unexpected costs post-installation.
- The Sad Reality Of Commercial Kitchen Abuse
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | What Are the Most Durable Commercial Flooring Options?
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | Why Floors Fail: An In-Depth Look Into Common Reasons Many Commercial Flooring Systems Fail After Only A Few Years
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | How To Choose The Right Material For Your Commercial Shower Floors & Walls
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | How to Choose the Right Flooring for Your Healthcare Facility
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | Are There Outdoor Weather Resistant Flooring Options Around That Don’t Require Constant Maintenance?
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | Restore Damaged Concrete With Everlast® Natural Stone
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | When Researching The Best Waterproof Flooring Options, Make Sure You Understand These Common Vulnerabilities In Many Flooring Systems
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | Flooring For Food Service Kitchens: How Do You Choose The Right Option?
- How To Select The Right Flooring For Veterinary Hospitals
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | Antimicrobial Flooring – Battle the Growth of Dangerous Bacteria
- The Best Indoor Epoxy Kennel Flooring
- Restaurant Kitchen Flooring Options: How Prohibition Kitchen Solved Their Floor Problem
- The Hummingbird – Good Food And Long Lasting Floor
- Things You Don’t Think Will Happen on Your Floor—But WILL…