An Old Downtown Post Office Repurposed
When Brett Thompson of Thompson’s Construction began his work converting an old post office in downtown Helena, Alabama into Sunshine and Pumpkin Catering’s new home base, he knew he had his work cut out for him. The then-one story building had a flat roof and, from day one, needed lots of work — work he didn’t want to wind up driving waste in the local landfill. Instead, Brett set out to create a truly eco-friendly experience, repurposing as much of the existing materials as possible. What he couldn’t use, he gave to other businesses and builders.
After finishing the core work, Brett and his team focused on one of the final — and arguably most important — pieces: the floors. Because this building would be a catering facility and wedding planning office complete with a full kitchen, they needed something with form and function — flooring that would look as good as it performed. They needed it to conform to the local health department standards for a foodservice kitchen. They landed on Everlast Epoxy. “We did a lot of research and came up with that,” says Brett. “We wanted to make sure we didn’t have joints that would harbor microbes germs,” and, ultimately, they “were looking for the best, and I think that’s what we found,” he adds.
Three years later their Everlast® Floor looks and feel like new, and are easy to clean and maintain. Brett attributes these floors to their “spotless” health department inspections, and the consistent 100s the Sunshine and Pumpkin team are scoring. And, looking ahead, they’re confident those reviews will keep coming — and so are we!
- Why insects hate Everlast® Epoxy floors in commercial kitchens
- Upgrade your residential garage flooring with durable Everlast® Epoxy
- Choose the best residential care home flooring
- Choose your epoxy flooring supplier carefully
- How epoxy flooring can solve your concrete floor challenges
- Why epoxy resin is a smart flooring system for parking lots
- Why choose epoxy flooring for fulfilment centers?
- Reasons why you have a failed flooring system – why has my floor failed?
- Eliminate bad odors – install epoxy flooring for gyms
- Sanitary epoxy flooring for dental surgeries
- Protect your flooring in all weather conditions & temperatures
- 5 Signs that your warehouse floor has failed
- How Natural Stone epoxy floors can benefit your business
- Epoxy vs rubber floors for medical facilities
- Choose an epoxy floor that delivers style and substance