Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | Flooring For Food Service Kitchens: How Do You Choose The Right Option?
Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring Episode 4 :
Flooring For Food Service Kitchens: How Do You Choose The Right Option?
As a restaurant owner, you take great pride in your establishment. You’ve set aside many of your hobbies so you could build your restaurant into what it is today. But we sometimes live in a cruel world. Despite all of your years of hard work, it can come crashing down in an instant. I’m talking about your reputation for operating a healthy and clean kitchen. And as you well know, your kitchen floor is a hard-hitting environment, taking a lot of abuse, and always wet.
It’s not always because the floor isn’t being cleaned properly after each shift. It’s often because of your flooring material.
If the material has seams, like tile and rubber sheet flooring, then there is a good chance the flooring system will break at the seams.
With water, grease, oils, and other food be constantly dropped on the floor… it will make its way into the cracks.
Between the heat and wetness… this is the perfect breeding ground for a host of dangerous bacteria.
But it gets worse. If you have rubber sheets welded onto your floor, they will start working like a ketchup bottle.
As your staff walks on the floor, they can inadvertently “squeeze” the bacterial water out from under the rubber. I’ve heard stories of these water gushers reaching the prepping tables and landing on food…
… not something you want the safety inspectors to see…
Here at Everlast® Epoxy, we talk to restaurant owners daily.
We’ve heard and seen all of the horror stories.
And it’s sad because we know that most restaurant owners have the best intentions at heart. They don’t want to risk contaminating food and causing their patrons to become sick.
The issue is that they’ve been sold on flooring material that isn’t equipped to deal with their situation.
At Everlast® Epoxy, we set out to design a flooring system specifically to meet the strict demands of a busy commercial kitchen. And not by trying to adapt certain material to the situation, like tile, but to design the system from the ground up.
When it comes to kitchen floors, there are three main issues that a floor needs to handle.
- It cannot have seams coming loose, allowing water and grease to flow into the cracks.
- The material must stay attached to the substrate. If it comes loose, it will create a massive pocket and start trapping gallons of water in some cases.
- Flooring material must have antimicrobial properties that do not wear out over time or a top coat thin enough a small puncture will compromise the entire system.
With our “Everlast® Epoxy Floor with the EPA-registered Integral Antimicrobial Component” system, we don’t have to fight those three main issues because we simply eliminated them from the picture.
Our floors have no seams because the material is troweled onto the floor. No seams… no problem!
We provide floor preparation and acceptable substrate guidelines that greatly reduces any chance of the material coming loose from the substrate underneath. Because our material is flexible, it can move with any minor shifting of the substrate, it won’t come loose… like tile for example.
To top it off, we add the antimicrobial component into the resin, so the protective properties are 100% across the system.
Many flooring systems on the market will only have a thin coat on the top surface. Whether it’s tile, rubber sheet, or even epoxy quartz… if a chef drops a knife on the floor and it punctures a hole, there’s a high chance it will cause some serious damage in the long run when bacteria starts growing at a rapid rate.
Many Bright Options… For The Front, Back, & Outdoor Areas Of Your Restaurant
As you can see in our video, Everlast® Epoxy has over 40 different color options for our Everlast® Floor. And even if we don’t have the right color to match your decor, we can simply customize an order for you… in the color of your choosing.
But more than that, we have a wide selection of pebble & granite stone floors… perfect for your front of house.
Not only are they attractive, they are durable and easy to clean.
And one more advice I want to give you for any outdoor areas you’re looking to spruce up.
Make sure the material you use is not epoxy-based. Your outdoor floor needs to be able to handle a variety of weather conditions.
Heavy rain, freeze-thaw conditions, sunlight, you name it.
Avoid outdoor products that have epoxy resin in them. They will fail you within a couple of years.
Even though systems claim to be resistant to all of these conditions, they won’t last long.
The only resin that works outdoors is polyavastic resin, like we use in our Everlast® Epoxy Outdoor Tough system.
Not only will it handle tough weather conditions, it will also maintain its color properties for years to come. I’ve seen patio floors that are still looking great after 8 years of weather abuse.
Are You Looking For A Better Floor For Your Restaurant?
We here at Everlast® Epoxy firmly believe that we have the right solution for your needs. We can confidently say this because many of our past clients have been commercial kitchens, restaurants, and other food preparation businesses. In fact, not a day goes by we don’t talk to someone in the food industry!
However, we understand you have many questions before making your decision. Why not give us a call and talk to one of our friendly floor experts today?
“Are you searching for a flooring solution for your business? Give us a call and have one of our floor experts recommend what options are available for you and your budget.
Visit https://www.everlastepoxy.com/commercial-kitchen-restaurant-flooring for more information…
… or call 800-708-9870 now.
- Durable, long-lasting epoxy flooring for public restrooms
- Durable Epoxy Flooring for Daycare Centers & Kindergarten
- Why facility managers choose epoxy flooring for correctional facilities
- Why Epoxy Flooring is Ideal for High-Traffic Areas
- How epoxy flooring can minimize the spread of bacteria in hospitals
- Why the Automotive Industry Loves Epoxy Flooring
- The Benefits of Epoxy Flooring in Commercial Kitchens
- As We Fight COVID-19 In America, Let's Not Neglect Our Neighbors In Underdeveloped Countries
- How To Install Decorative Natural Stone Outdoor Flooring
- The Sad Reality Of Commercial Kitchen Abuse
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | What Are the Most Durable Commercial Flooring Options?
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | Why Floors Fail: An In-Depth Look Into Common Reasons Many Commercial Flooring Systems Fail After Only A Few Years
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | How To Choose The Right Material For Your Commercial Shower Floors & Walls
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | How to Choose the Right Flooring for Your Healthcare Facility
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | Are There Outdoor Weather Resistant Flooring Options Around That Don’t Require Constant Maintenance?