College Dorms And Flooring Choices
We all know it: college dorms can be cesspools of germs and bad decisions. Nothing like a bunch of twenty-somethings tracking dirt and unmentionables in and out all day long. Who knows what could be lurking in that mangy carpet, those shifty vinyl tiles? Not to speak of the bathrooms. We’ve all heard the stories.
In a college dorm, vinyl tiling or cheap carpeting are the most popular choices for flooring. Over time heavy furniture, high traffic and mistreatment may pull those tiles apart and let mold and mildew collect in all the cracks and corners. This is unsafe for students, and can be a nightmare to clean up at the end of the year! A carpeted surface is no better. Imagine all the mystery stains and spills a carpet floor collects in your own home. Now imagine your poor carpet after much use and abuse by hundreds of college students!
Improper flooring can harbor all kinds of pests and microbes. Bedbugs, roaches, ants and mites nestle in the fibers and multiply. This poses a serious health hazard to students, and can lead to unfortunate liability incidents.
Everlast Epoxy Floor
The Everlast Epoxy Floor is a wonderful easy-fix flooring that can handle all the bangs and bumps of the most reckless college student. It dries on seamlessly over all the cracks and corners. Made with a marble-chip and resin blend that is virtually indestructible, you’ll never need to replace it. It can be laid down over the original floor surface, no matter the material (with sufficient prep). It’s 100% non-porous, so pests will have a hard time making trouble. Your custodial staff will thank you for the painless end-of-year cleanup!
Made with an FDA-approved antimicrobial agent that keeps harmful bacteria at bay, the Everlast Floor is more sanitary than any of its competitors. Nasty leaks that lead to mold and mildew will cease to be a problem. Our Everlast Floors are used in gymnasiums, hospitals, cafeterias, clinics, and even public restrooms! That’s right- you can even install them in dorm bathrooms and showers, on the floors and the walls too!
The Everlast Floor is odorless and environmentally friendly. You won’t have to waste time or materials refurbishing another grungy old dorm floor. An Everlast Epoxy Floor makes it easier for everybody. To find out more, call 1-(800) 798-9870
- Why install epoxy flooring for emergency rooms.
- High-performance epoxy flooring for restrooms
- Durable epoxy flooring for a busy grocery store
- Tough epoxy flooring for fire departments
- Create welcoming al fresco dining areas with Everlast® Outdoor Tough
- A guide to installing epoxy flooring at your business premises
- Epoxy resin or epoxy paint—what’s the difference?
- How versatile epoxy flooring is changing the face of interior design
- 5 five things you don’t want to find on your commercial flooring
- A guide to maintaining an epoxy floor system
- The benefits of epoxy flooring for food production facilities
- Battle of the floors: Methyl Methacrylate (MMA) or Everlast® Epoxy?
- Why to choose epoxy flooring for animal daycare centers
- Tough epoxy flooring for schools and universities
- Epoxy flooring for basements: The smart choice for a durable floor