Another Quality Epoxy Flooring and Wallcovering Installation
MpS Construction—Design selected Mobile Enterprises,
Inc., a certified applicator, to install an Everlast Epoxy
system on the floor and wall surfaces of an existing
Kitchen area at the Methodist Hospital in San Antonio,
Water from the dishwashing unit was leaking into an
Operating Room located directly beneath the Kitchen. The
Owner chose to totally transform the Kitchen area by first
removing the existing Quarry tile floor down to the
structural slab. Beneath the Quarry tile was a 2”-layer of
thick-set grout. Once the Quarry tile and thick-set grout
was removed, MEI resurfaced the slab by installing a fastsetting
concrete mix that can be opened to traffic in about
Next, MEI performed calcium chloride tests to determine
the moisture vapor rate of the slab. Since the readings were
above the maximum allowable rate of 3 lbs/1000 SF/24-
hours, MEI installed a moisture mitigating primer.
MEI then installed the Everlast Epoxy system onto the
floor and 18”-perimeter cove base in Cherokee Red and up
onto the 9-foot walls in Arctic White. The result is a totally
- How to choose the best brewery flooring
- How long does an epoxy floor last?
- Can I install an epoxy floor in colder weather?
- Community center flooring for social and recreational activities
- Why has my floor failed?
- Why you shouldn’t use cementitious urethane flooring in commercial kitchens
- Go green with ecofriendly commercial flooring
- Why Silicone-Epoxy Hybrid Floors Are a Bad Idea
- How anti-slip flooring can help make the workplace safer
- Food-grade flooring for your commercial food production centers
- Durable epoxy flooring for condo garages
- Make a splash with Everlast® Outdoor Tough flooring for waterparks
- Why install epoxy flooring for emergency rooms.
- High-performance epoxy flooring for restrooms
- Durable epoxy flooring for a busy grocery store